Friday 7 September 2012

Hulk

Director: Ang Lee

Starring: Eric Bana, Jennifer Connelly, Sam Elliot, Josh Lucas, Nick Nolte

Distributed By: Universal Pictures

Release Date: June 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------

I really want to like this movie...
It has some good points and some bad; mutated dogs are a definite mistake!
The Hulk is probably the hardest Marvel character to successfully bring to the big screen and I've always found the whole get angry, turn green and destroy everything a more bewildering concept to accept than any of the other Superhero characters source of power, but I really do like Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly and they both do their best to make this a believable and serious movie and Sam Elliot also gives a good performance as Betty's father.
I don't find anything likable about Bruce's father and both Paul Kersey and Nick Nolte make him quite appalling and I was very happy when the Hulk finally got to grips with him!
Josh Lucas also does a good job making Glen Talbot unlikable and I was rooting for the Hulk as he took on the army.
I feel quite sad for him as a character, both as man and monster and liked that even as the Hulk he did display deeper emotions than just smash and crash!!
Points for effort but so far the Hulk remains at the low end of my favourite heroes list...
~~Nikki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment