Sunday 16 September 2012

Green Lantern

Director: Martin Campbell

Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Saarsgard, Mark Strong, Angela Bassett, Tim Robins

Distributed By: Warner Bros.

Release Date: June 2011

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is certainly different!
It's much more Sci-Fi than most of the other Superhero movies and that slightly hinders its appeal for me.
I thought Ryan Reynolds does well and is likable in his role and I also like Blake Lively, but their relationship isn't strong enough for me to really invest much emotion.
Peter Saarsgard is very good as Hector but I found his character really unlikable.

The thing I love most about the Superhero genre is finding things to like about the villain as well as the hero but with this I couldn't wait for Hector to get what he deserved and whilst the other villain of the piece in the form of Parallax looks very impressive he/it is too removed from the action.
Mark Strong gives the movie some weight, portraying a stranger character than usual and the teaser suggests there might be more from him which could be interesting.
An entertaining effort that's good, rather than great.
~~Nikki~~

No comments:

Post a Comment